January 26, 2016
Multilayer 0402 type with world's highest Q and reduced package size
TDK Corporation announces the new MHQ0402PSA series of multilayer inductors in case size IEC 0402. Measuring in with reduced dimensions of just 0.4 mm x 0.2 mm x 0.2 mm, the new inductors feature a Q factor of 21 at 1 GHz, the highest value for any multilayer inductor of its size*, making them suitable for RF applications in smartphones, tablets and other mobile devices. Mass production began in January 2016.
The high Q of 21 of the MHQ0402PSA series at an inductance of 0.3 nH, represents an improvement of over 30 percent compared to TDK's existing MLG0402Q series. The achievement of the high Q factor in an extremely compact package was made possible by TDK's proprietary dielectric materials technology, combined with an optimized coil pattern and an internal electrode cross-section design with a high aspect ratio.
Thanks to their miniature size and high Q, the new multilayer inductors are designed to make RF circuits in multifunctional mobile devices such as smartphones and tablets even more efficient. With the addition of the new series to the existing lineup of MHQ1005P (1.0 mm x 0.6 mm x 0.5 mm), MHQ0603P (0.65 mm x 0.35 mm x 0.35 mm), and MHQ0402P (0.44 mm x 0.24 mm x 0.24 mm) products, the TDK portfolio now comprises four series of high Q inductors, providing excellent design versatility for a wide range of applications.
* As of December 2015, according to TDK investigations
- Q: The Q (quality) factor of an inductor is the ratio of its inductive reactance to its resistance at a given frequency, and is a measure of its efficiency. The higher the Q factor of the inductor, the closer it approaches the behavior of an ideal, lossless inductor.
- Smartphones, tablets, Bluetooth and WLAN devices
- RF circuits and modules for mobile communication devices, including PAs, VCOs, and front-end modules
Main features and benefits
- High Q factor contributes to reduced losses in RF circuits
- Extremely compact dimensions thanks to an optimized coil pattern and an internal electrode cross-section design with a high aspect ratio.
|MHQ0402PSA||0.2 to 8.2||21 (at 1 GHz)||4 to 10||0.15 to 1.20||180 to 600|
Get in Contact
Sales Network & Sites
If you are interested in our products, you will find here an overview of our worldwide sales offices, which you can contact quickly and easily