We are committed to conserving the environment and treating natural sources and energy consumption in the sense of sustainability. This applies as much to our production processes as to our products. The assessment of the environmental effects of our products begins as early as the development stage. It is our aim to go beyond legal requirements to prevent environmental pollution or to reduce it to a minimum, as well as to reduce the consumption of energy in the frame of economical and technical feasibility. Health and safety at work are part of our corporate culture and expression of the responsibility for our employees.
Environmental, Energy and Occupational Health and Safety guidelines
- We work continuously toward reducing the burden on the environment, toward minimizing associated risks and toward lowering the use of energy and resources, above and beyond the legal requirements.
- We take appropriate precautions to avoid environmental hazards and to prevent damage to the environment.
- Potential impact on the environment is assessed and incorporated in process and product planning at the earliest possible stage from a life cycle perspective.
- By applying environmental, energy and occupational health and safety (OH&S) management, we ensure that this policy is implemented effectively. The technical and organizational procedures required to do this are monitored regularly and constantly further developed. We strive for continual improvement of our management systems by establishing objectives to improve the environmental, energy and OH&S performance.
- Every employee is required to act in an environmental conscious manner and to regard the rules of labor safety. It is the constant duty of management to increase and encourage awareness of responsibility for environment, energy consumption and occupational health and safety at all levels.
- We work with our business partners to promote conformity with similar objectives. We supply our stakeholders with information on ways to minimize any potentially adverse impacts of our products to the environment or occupational health and safety.
- We work in a spirit of cooperation with the relevant authorities.
- We inform the public of the impact on the environment caused by the company and our activities related to the environment and occupational health and safety.
- We consider ensuring a safe, healthy and comfortable work environment as first priority to avoid work-related injury and ill health. We comply with all applicable legal requirements and with all requirements that relate to OH&S risks.
- We take preventive measures to reduce risks for our employees and eliminate hazards. We involve our employees in OH&S-related processes.
- We support the purchase of renewable energy and of energy efficient products, machines and services that improve our energy-related performance.