May 14, 2019
Mini PowerHap actuators for haptic feedback
TDK Corporation (TSE:6762) has extended its portfolio of PowerHap™ piezo actuators for haptic feedback with the new miniature rectangular 0904H014V060 and 1204H018V060 actuators. They have dimensions of only 9 x 3.75 x 1.4 mm and 12 x 4 x 1.8 mm, respectively. At the maximum operating voltage of 60 V, the new actuators can accelerate a mass of 100 grams at 3.3 g (pk) or 5 g (pk) with maximum displacements of 15 µm or 27 µm, respectively.
PowerHap features high acceleration and large forces in a very compact design, coupled with a short response time of less than one millisecond. A key feature is the low energy consumption of only 0.35 mJ or 0.6 mJ per feedback. In addition to the actuator properties, PowerHap also offers good sensing functionality by using the inverse piezo effect. Thanks to their outstanding performance, PowerHap actuators are technologically superior to conventional electromagnetic solutions such as ERM motors (eccentric rotary mass) and LRA actuators (linear resonant actuator).
Typical application areas for the new PowerHap actuators include smartphones and tablets, household appliances, game consoles, VR/AR equipment, digitizers and handheld medical devices.
The order codes are Z63000Z2910Z 1Z41 and Z63000Z2910Z 1Z39, respectively.
- Smartphones and tablets, home appliances, game consoles, VR/AR equipment, digitizers and handheld medical devices
Main features and benefits
- Small dimensions of only 9 x 3.75 x 1.4 mm or 12 x 4 x 1.8 mm
- High acceleration of 3.3 g (pk) or 5 g (pk)
- Short response time of less than one millisecond
- Low energy consumption of only 0.35 mJ or 0.6 mJ per click
|Max. operating |
voltage [V] *
|0904H014V060||9 x 3.75 x 1.4||60||3.3||15|
|1204H018V060||12 x 4 x 1.8||60||5||27|
* For a load with a mass of 100 grams