January 22, 2015
Miniaturized low-pass filter for LTE
- More than 50 percent smaller than existing products and equal or better performance
- Enables low-profile designs and module integration
TDK Corporation presents a new multilayer low-pass filter for LTE and other next-generation high-speed wireless communication systems. Thanks to thinner ceramic layers, finer conductor lines and an optimized internal electrode design, the new filter with ordering code DEA071910LT-4003B1 achieves a miniaturized footprint of 0.65 mm x 0.5 mm and a slimmer insertion height of just 0.3 mm (form factor of 06505) to enable low-profile designs and module integration. As a result, the new multilayer low-pass filter is more than 50 percent smaller than previous components with a conventional case size of IEC 1005 (1.0 mm x 0.5 mm x 0.4 mm). At the same time it offers equal or even superior insertion loss and attenuation performance. For example, the maximum insertion loss in the 1.71 GHz to 1.91 GHz range is just 0.55 dB, while the minimum attenuation in the range of 5.13 GHz to 5.73 GHz is 20 dB. Mass production of the new low-pass filter started in January 2015.
The new DEA071910LT-4003B1 multilayer low-pass filter has an operating temperature range of -40°C to +85°C and is suitable for use in the RF circuitry of smartphones, tablets and other mobile devices for LTE.
- RF circuitry in smartphones, tablets and other mobile devices for LTE and other next-generation high-speed wireless communication systems
Main features and benefits
- Volume more than 50 percent smaller than existing products and equal or better performance
- Miniaturized footprint and insertion height enable low-profile designs and module integration
|Max. insertion loss|
at 1.71 to 1.91 GHz
at 3.42 to 3.82 GHz
at 5.13 to 5.73 GHz
0.65 x 0.5
Max. insertion height: