November 11, 2014
Film capacitors: Snubber series with more terminal configurations and higher capacitance values
TDK Corporation has significantly extended its range of EPCOS snubber film capacitors: A total of 17 different terminal configurations are now available, enabling them to protect an even broader spectrum of IGBT modules against voltage peaks.
The snubber capacitors of the MKP B32656S* to B32658S* series are distinguished by their high pulse strength and the reliability of their contacts. In addition, these components offer extremely low ESL values. The series comprises 17 terminal configurations of tin-plated copper straps with a hole spacing of 19.5 mm to 63 mm. These snubber capacitors now cover a voltage range from 850 V DC to 2000 V DC and a capacitance range from 68 nF to 5.6 µF. All types are designed for temperatures of up to +110 °C.
- IGBT: The insulated-gate bipolar transistor is a semiconductor component used to switch power in frequency converters
- Protection of IGBT modules in frequency converters against voltage peaks (snubbering)
Main features and benefits
- Total of 17 different terminal configurations
- High pulse strength and rated voltages up to 2000 V DC
- High capacitance values up to 5.6 µF
|B32656S* to B32658S*||850 to 2000||0.068 to 5.6||110||17|
Further information on the products can be found under www.epcos.com/film_mkp
Please forward reader inquiries to marketing.communications(at)epcos.com.
About TDK Corporation
TDK Corporation is a leading electronics company based in Tokyo, Japan. It was established in 1935 to commercialize ferrite, a key material in electronic and magnetic products. TDK's portfolio includes electronic components, modules and systems* marketed under the product brands TDK and EPCOS, power supplies, magnetic application products as well as energy devices, flash memory application devices, and others. TDK focuses on demanding markets in the areas of information and communication technology and consumer, automotive and industrial electronics. The company has a network of design and manufacturing locations and sales offices in Asia, Europe, and in North and South America. In fiscal 2014, TDK posted total sales of USD 9.6 billion and employed about 83,000 people worldwide.
* The product portfolio includes ceramic, aluminum electrolytic and film capacitors, ferrites, inductors, high-frequency components such as surface acoustic wave (SAW) filter products and modules, piezo and protection components, and sensors.