April 16, 2015
Film capacitors: MFP types for demanding applications
TDK Corporation presents a new series of EPCOS metallized polypropylene (MFP) film capacitors with high pulse strength and current capability. Thanks to their use of MFP technology with internal series connection the capacitors in the B32682* through B32686* series are also particularly suitable for high voltages from 400 V DC to 2500 V DC. The capacitance range extends from 0.47 nF to 1.5 µF. Their permissible operating temperature is from -55 °C to +110 °C. The new components are available with a lead spacing of between 15 mm and 37.5 mm. Applications for the EPCOS capacitors include switch-mode power supplies or resonant circuits and other applications in which high voltages and currents occur.
- Switch-mode power supplies, resonant circuits and other applications featuring high voltages and currents
Main features and benefits
- High pulse strength and current capability
- Broad range of voltages up to 2500 V DC
- Internal series connection for greater safety
Further information on the products can be found under www.epcos.com/film_mkp
Please forward reader inquiries to email@example.com.
About TDK Corporation
TDK Corporation is a leading electronics company based in Tokyo, Japan. It was established in 1935 to commercialize ferrite, a key material in electronic and magnetic products. TDK's portfolio includes electronic components, modules and systems* marketed under the product brands TDK and EPCOS, power supplies, magnetic application products as well as energy devices, flash memory application devices, and others. TDK focuses on demanding markets in the areas of information and communication technology and consumer, automotive and industrial electronics. The company has a network of design and manufacturing locations and sales offices in Asia, Europe, and in North and South America. In fiscal 2014, TDK posted total sales of USD 9.6 billion and employed about 83,000 people worldwide.
* The product portfolio includes ceramic, aluminum electrolytic and film capacitors, ferrites, inductors, high-frequency components such as surface acoustic wave (SAW) filter products and modules, piezo and protection components, and sensors.